where to fly into

Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport, code YXE is the airport you will fly into and is located forty minutes from the lodge. www.skyxe.ca

rental car

Transportation is included in our packages, however if you would like to rent a vehicle for the duration of your stay there are five on-airport car rental agencies that operate from YXE, with vehicles located just outside the terminal. 

Avis Car Rental  306-652-3434

Alamo Car Rental  306-500-0120

Budget-Rent-A-Car  306-244-7925

Enterprise Rent A Car 306-664-7925

National Car Rental  306-665-5665 

what to bring

The weather conditions in Saskatchewan can greatly impact a waterfowl hunt.  You will need to pack warm clothes and many layers for weather ranging from the upper 20's F to the mid 60's F. Be ready for both hot and cold weather. Rain gear, waterproof hunting boots or knee boots, face masks or face paint, gloves, headwear, headlamp or flashlight, locking gun case for the plane ride, soft gun case for trip to the field, shotgun shells, blind bag or small pack, a camera and your shotgun.  If you don't want to bring your firearms into Canada we do offer shotgun rentals for $50/day.  A shotgun rental agreement will be filled out prior to use.

entry into canada

Getting into Canada is not difficult as long as all of the proper documents are filled out and you have all the paper work you need. All hunters must have a government issued passport.  A passport is required for travel between the U.S. and Canada.  Government issued ID, drivers license, passport, government or state issued photo ID (all minors must have proof of ID).


Please contact NFZ and your nearest Canadian embassy, or consulate with your record and situation to ensure customs clearance into Canada.  

Or contact Mitch Jessiman a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant at Canada Border Crossing Services.

(204)-488-6350  or  1-800-438-7020



declaring firearms

When you bring your gun into Canada you will need to fill out a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration (Form CAFC 909) that is provided below. When filling out this form be sure that all the information is accurate. Complete the form but do not sign the forms until you are in the presence of a Canadian Customs officer as he must witness your signature.. There will be a fee of $25.00CAD (may be subject to change) that you will have to pay at the Custom's Office. When completed this process gives you your permit to get your gun into the country. Form CAFC 909

Canadian Firearms Centre 1-800-731-4000


The border will only allow you to bring in 200 rounds of ammunition duty free per person. Most airlines will only allow 11 lbs, but you will need to check with your local airlines.  Your paperwork for your firearm will allow you to purchase ammunition in Canada as well.

welcome package